Under sustainable principles, APoEM was founded to offer a cosmetic brand for all the families that treated the skin and the environment with respect.
In APoEM we are aware of how our decisions impact the planet, and with a transparency principle towards you, we want to tell you about our eco-responsible ideas for cosmetics.
1. SUSTAINABLE FORMULATION
All our ingredients are from sustainable sources. Those who do not comply with this, are harmful to sustainability or attempt against social sustainability are immediately discarded. Thus, we consider one of the following two options:
- Ingredients obtained through natural biotechnology – fermentation, cell culture, among other processes … -, and species are grown in the laboratory that lower water and energy consumption, thus reducing our carbon footprint.
- Organic ingredients found in their “second-life” stage, meaning they are not exclusively cultivated for skincare but are a by-product of the food industry.
2. COLD PRODUCTION
We make efficient use of energy in the production of our products through a cold manufacturing process, avoiding heating processes as much as possible. For those products that require a heat process, we group them together to heat the reactor as little as possible.
3. SAVING WATER
We reduce the use of water for refrigeration systems as much as possible, and when viable, recirculation water systems are used.
4. CONSCIOUS MATERIAL SELECTION
For packaging, we choose the best materials for the environment:
- Glass as much as possible – with at least 35% of recycled glass –
- Plastic only if certain pieces do not exist in other materials
- Aluminum only with BPA-free coating
For external packaging, at APoEM we only work with companies that ensure a sustainable supply of paper and use bio-ink, from renewable raw materials and free of heavy metals.
5. XL SIZES
The sizes of our products, especially those for the face, are larger than normal, seeking savings in packaging, transportation, and reduction of the carbon footprint.